Friday, August 14, 2009

The Mural



I finally finished the mural in my host mom's 6th grade classroom, just in time before the school year starts up again.

The theme was chosen by my host mom over many different books she used over the school year. The most interesting topic to me, is the one of Prometheus (top corner left), a Greek Myth where Zeus hid fire from humans in retribution of trickery and Prometheus gave fire back to the people, therefore was eternally punished and chained on top of a rock where an eagle ate his liver out everyday. However, due to Prometheus immortality his liver regenerated every morning.

According to my host mom, in which was also the reason why she chosed to have this on the mural is that Prometheus' liver ability to regenerate is from him committing to a good deed (giving the people back fire).

I am seriously glad the mural is done, a nice feeling it is. Now it is back to free time where I don't know what to do with myself.

No comments: