Thursday, July 17, 2008

I've planted the seed...














My community is in the middle of getting a grant for repairing the closed down sport complex. The only agreement for us to get the money is for the community to raise a certain amount of money. We need to do this by the end of this month! My Mayor has sent out several people out in the village to get contributions, so far we've gotten a fourth of what we need.

Today, I talked to him about putting together a futbal tournament event, for we have three very successful teams in our village, in order to raise more money. He said that they have never done anything like that before for fundraising. He said he would think about it and talk to the Vice Primar about it.

I'm waiting to see what will come out of my seed. I do realize that we don't have much time, but hey if the Peresecina crew was able to get a concert going and raise a decent amount of money in two weeks, I believe Gura Galbenei can do it too! I just hope that my Mayor believes it too.

We'll see....

Another point I would like to bring up is how much I love the sense of time here in Moldova. It took some getting use to, don't get me wrong, but I'm slowly enjoying it. For a person like me who is usually always late for something or other, it's great! Time is not something that is threatening me anymore. Big Bad Time...has left my life for the time being.

No comments: