Friday, December 19, 2008

A Collection of Words I Live by

You can get over it.
All you gotta do is survive.

Pain is there for a reason.

Don't try to be Perfect,
Do try to be Better.









"I am a leaf on the wind!
Watch how I soar!
-Wash, Firefly

"Existence Precedes Essence" -Sarte

"For it isn't enough to
talk about peace.
One must believe it.
And it isn't enough to
believe in it.
One must work at it."
- Eleanor Roosevelt


"When you
can't run...
You crawl...
And when you
can't crawl...
You get someone
to carry you."
-Firefly

"I could quit...but
here's the thing...
I love the playing FIELD!"
- Grey's Anatomy

"Success is a journey,
not a destination.
The doing is often
more important than
the outcome."
- Arthur Ashe

"All those years I've been feeling
like I was growing into myself.
Finally, I feel grown."
- Oprah Winfrey

"It is sweet to let the mind unbend on occasion."
- Horace

"Speak your mind even if your voice shakes."
- Maggie Kuhn

"Life is like getting dropped off in
the middle of the woods, and then year by year,
gradually walking home."
- April Fowles


"To repeat what others have said,
require education,
To challenge it, requires brains."
- Mary Pettibore Brooke



"I would rather have regrets about things
I did than about things I didn't do."
- Haider Hamza

"To fly we have to have resistance."
- Maya Lin

"If you are going through hell...
keep going!!!" -Anonymous

"Everything has a purpose, even this,
and it's up to you to find it."
- Dan Millman


"Knowledge speaks but
Wisdom listens."
- Jimi Hendrix

"Each morning we are born again.
What we do today is what matters most."
- Buddha


"When we feel stuck, going nowhere...
even starting to slop backward...
we may actually be backing up to get a running start."
-Dan Millman

"Tell me my most attractive feature is my
SELF-CONFIDENCE!"
- Women's Empowerment Manual

Successful Peace Corps
"The single most influential element of your Peace Corps service is yourself. You will determine whether your service was good or bad, worth it or not, successful or a failure.
It is up to you to make it what it will be, it is futile to blame outside things, because all of the answers already lie withing yourself."
- unidentified PCV

"I think life is what you do with it.
How you decide to live it.
It can be simple or not.
If you are happy and living
how you want to live,
responsibilities can be a joy,
not a job."
- Me 12/26/02 found written on the back of a gas receipt












Let us learn to appreciate there will be times
when the trees will be bare, and look forward
to the time when we may pick the fruit.
~ Anton Chekhov



"Besides the noble art of
getting things done,
There is a nobler art of
leaving things undone.
The wisdom of life
consists in the elimination
of nonessentials."
- Yin Hutang

"Pay attention, because you don't always
know where your opportunities will come.
A door may open where you didn't expect.
Pay attention to the people you meet,
pay attention to what people do.
You walk in a forest and see nothing,
but if you pay attention you see a universe."
- Diane Von Furstenberg


"One's first step in wisdom is to question everything,
and one's last is to come to terms with everything."
- George Christopher Lichtenberg


"All of us tend to put off living,
we are all dreaming of
some magical rose garden over the horizon,
instead of enjoying the roses that are
blooming outside of our window's today."
-Dale Carnegi


"The truth is that there is nothing noble
in being superior to somebody else.
The only real nobility is in being
superior to your former self."
- Whitney Young

"Take chances, make mistakes.
That's how you grow.
Pain nourishes your courage.
You have to fail in order
to practice being brave."
- Mary Tyler Moore

"The purpose of life is to discover your gift.
The meaning of life is giving your gift away."
- David Visccott

"It is only when we no longer impulsively
need someone that we can have a
real relationship with them."
- Anthony Starr

"If you love someone, set them free."
- Richard Bach

"I need not base my mental health on other's emotional support."
- Me with help

Quotes from Thich Nhat Hanh's books:

Following the Breath
Breathing in, I calm my body
Breathing out, I smile.
Dwelling in the present moment,
I know this a wonderful moment!

Breathe you are alive!!!

To breathe is enough to always
be happy, to always be in love.

Walking Meditation
The mind can go in a thousand directions
but on this beautiful path, I walk in Peace.
With each step, a gentle wind blows
with each step, a flower bloom.

Interconnectedness
The feeling of alienation among so many people today has come about because they
lack awareness of the interconnectedness of all things.
We can not disconnect ourselves from society or anything else.

Looking deeply, we can contemplate one thing and see everything else in it. We are not disturbed by change when we see the interconnectedness and continuity of all things. It is not that the life of any individual is permanent, but that life continues. When we identify ourselves with life and go beyond the boundaries of a separate identity, we shall be able to see permanence in the impermanent, or the rose in the garbage.

Being Alive
Just to be alive is wonderful, and you feel intensely happy.

Loving
When you have the courage to open your heart completely to love, a miracle happens. You start perceiving the reflection of your love in everything. Then eating, walking, talking, singing, dancing, showering, working, playing-everything you do becomes a ritual of love. When everything becomes a ritual of love, you are no longer thinking, you are feeling and enjoying life. You find pleasure in every activity you do because you love to do it.

I don't need to justify my love.
I love you because this is my pleasure.
Love coming out of me makes me happy,
and it's not important if you reject me
because I don't reject myself.
In my story, I live in an on going romance,
and everything is beautiful for me.

No comments: