Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's Christmas

This is a present to me from the 4th graders. They invited me to their Christmas party on Sunday, but due to the Peer Support Network meeting in Chișinău I wasn't able to make it. So they gave it to me today.

The 4th graders, though this picture was taken last summer.

I've got to say, there is something about being a teacher here that I love, the moment when you walk into the classroom and have all the students stand up and greet you. They still catch me by surprise every time.

At home, my host parents and I put up our tree. Several weeks ago I asked my host dad if they were going to put a tree in the house. He said that they haven't done it since their children left the house, but this year they will put it up again because they have me.

My host dad putting up the star.

I am happy that there is some Christmas cheer in my life. Moldovans celebrate Christmas on January 7th, therefore I will miss Christmas eve and Christmas day food and opening presents excitement this December.

One thing I never thought I would never miss from working at Pier 1 is the Christmas music. Now I get some spark of happiness in my soul just to hear a lil jingle. Crazy!!

However, this Saturday I will start my journey via a 20 something hours bus ride to Prague and will spend New Years there. That I am excited for.

I WISH EVERYONE CHEERS AND JOY IN LIFE! MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEARS!!

No comments: