Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy New Years!!!!

According to the Old Orthodox Catholic calendar today is the beginning of the New Year!!

Last night we celebrated my host dad's birthday and the new year with a full masa!!!! I helped with making the salads and there were definitely a lot more mayonnaise I was instructed to use, then I can ever admit to putting in any dish.

Throughout the night, children came to the door and praised us with well being for the new year, with bells and lots of excitement. In return my family gave them money and candy, but once that ran out, my host dad resorted to walnuts and apples that came from our trees. Once that distribution were given out, we didn't see many more come to the door. My host mom said that the word must of made its way around to the other children.

This morning I was woken up by yelling outside my window, due from a heavy night of partying, I couldn't get myself to get out of bed to see what all the commotion was all about. Once I walked out the door for tutoring later in the morning, there were corn all over our door steps.

Then when I went to work, Domnul Grigore walked in praising good cheers and threw corn at me for several minutes while I stood in amazement. He told me to collect it in my hand to predict how many children I'll end up having...I collected 6!! WowZZZAAA! Domnezeu Ma Ajuta!

No comments: